Arizona Southern Baptist Convention
The Arizona Southern Baptist Convention (AZSBC) is a network of all Southern Baptist Churches in the State of Arizona working together to make Jesus known in the state of Arizona. Their Mission Statement is “Working together to make disciples in Arizona and around the world.”
Their goals by 2028:
- 1000 churches with 150 in attendance and 100 in Bible Study/Discipleship baptizing an average of 12 persons per year giving 10% to missions through the Cooperative Program
- 52 churches planted per year by healthy and revitalized churches
- Over 50% non-anglo churches reflecting population of AZ
- No area in Arizona without mission or ministry presence through partnerships and mission engagement
- Convention giving 50% of Cooperative Program funds to world missions
- 5000 persons sent out on short term or long term missions
- 500 identified for vocational Christian ministry
The River Valley Mission Network works hand in hand with the AZSBC to help each other reach our goals.
North American Mission Board
The North American Mission Board (NAMB) is an entity supported by the generous contributions of Southern Baptists with the goal of seeing the gospel change lives and communities. NAMB assists churches with evangelistic church planting strategy, the identification and training of missionaries, chaplains and church planters through the Send Network, and helps churches impact their communities through Send Relief. NAMB accomplishes this by serving in cooperation with churches, associations, state conventions, other national SBC entitles and the Canadian National Baptist Convention.
The River Valley Mission Network ties in with NAMB in multiple ways. We support the various special offerings, such as the Annie Armstrong Easter Offering, our Director of Missions is a NAMB Missionary, and in other various ways.
International Mission Board
The International Mission Board (IMB) is the Southern Baptist Network Organization that is on the global level. They want to vastly expand our missions efforts for the spread of the gospel to every people group on the planet, forging a dynamic network of pathways connecting churches and individuals directly to IMB missionary teams around the world.
Their vision is a multitude from every language, people, tribe and nation knowing and worshiping our Lord Jesus Christ. Their Mission Statement is “IMB partners with churches to empower limitless missionary teams who are evangelizing, discipling, planting, and multiplying healthy churches, and training leaders among unreached peoples and places for the glory of God.”
They achieve this by their 8 Core Values:
- We commit to obedience to the Lordship of Jesus Christ and to God’s inerrant Word.
- We commit to living a life of personal holiness in imitation of Jesus Christ and bringing glory to God the Father in everything we do, by the power of the Holy Spirit.
- We believe Jesus Christ is God’s only provision for salvation and all people without personal faith in Him are lost and will spend eternity in hell.
- We seek to provide all people an opportunity to hear, understand and respond to the Gospel in their own cultural context.
- We evangelize through proclamation, discipling, equipping and ministry that results in indigenous reproducing Baptist churches.
- We serve churches to facilitate their involvement in the Great Commission and the sending of missionaries to bring all peoples to faith in Jesus Christ.
- We partner with Baptists and other Christians around the world in accordance with IMB guidelines.
- We understand and fulfill God’s mission through God’s Word, prayer and the leadership of the Holy Spirit.
We partner with the IMB by supporting the various special offerings, such as the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering and support international Southern Baptist missions.